Friday, July 23, 2021

A Great Start to the Weekend

This morning I got up and weighed myself first thing as I normally do on Fridays.  I was thrilled to see that I had lost some more weight and was down 27 pounds overall since January 4th.  I couldn't believe it, because my weight had risen during the high humidity weeks and from our trip to Florida.  After seeing the scale, I wanted to celebrate by having Doug make cookies tonight, but instead settled for self congratulation as I wasn't ready to break my healthy eating habits yet.  I was extremely proud of myself for sticking with Weight Watchers this summer.  I had had success with it in the past, but I really didn't want to start the program this time.  Now that I have lost weight I am very glad that I did.  I look and feel better than I did last January.  My clothes also fit so much better.  I could even wear a belt today.  I have four more pounds to go to get to my original goal.  I told Doug that I was saving the cookies until then.   

The rest of the day was spent cleaning the house.  There wasn't a lot to do, but enough to keep my afternoon filled.  I was in such a good mood that I really didn't mind doing it.  Cameron was home for part of the day and since he was going to be home tonight, we decided to play Oh Hell with Grandma and Grandpa after dinner.  We were going to play last night after they took Cameron to Chubbies for burger night, but he and Avery went on a photography shoot at Lakeside Park instead.  It was an enjoyable way to spend the evening and afterward Doug and I had a bonfire out back.  All in all today was a great start to the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment