Friday, February 14, 2020

Valentine's Day Times 30

Today Doug and I celebrated our 30th Valentine's Day together.  Our first one was spent in Chicago since Doug was working as an intern for Amoco then.  We walked about a block and a half to Cannelli's for dinner.  It was our favorite restaurant at that time in our life.  I can still remember the big hoop gold earrings that Doug gave me becoming one of my all time favorite gifts from him.  It was cold that weekend, but we didn't mind.  Being together was the most important part of our celebration.

A lot has changed in our lives since 1991, but the sentiment behind the holiday has not.  Tonight we still ate Italian but chose to make it at home instead in order to avoid the crowds.  Doug's gift once again involved jewelry.  In lieu of earrings, my main gift ruby and aquamarine rings to match the emerald and amethyst ones that I already had, thus, completing the birthstone set of all four of the Heinisch children.  Enjoying the activities of the Windy City was not part of our evening.  Instead we spent the evening playing cards with Cameron and my parents before working on the Snow White puzzle for the rest of the night.  The differences from then to now may be many, but the most important part of the celebration has never changed.  Spending time with Doug has always been my favorite part of the holiday.




No comments:

Post a Comment