Thursday, February 6, 2020

Sometimes You Just Have to Move On

Cam was happy to sleep in this morning for the start of his four day weekend.  It had snowed quite a bit last night, but thankfully had stopped in time for him to go to snow club.  From there he went to a party at Julia's.  We didn't see him until close to ten o'clock tonight and were glad to hear that he had had fun at both activities.

With Cam busy all day and Doug working late, I decided to clean the house.  It needed it and it also  gave me a lot of time to think.  I've been frustrated lately with someone who used to be close to the Heinisch family, but in the past year or so, just hasn't given us much time.   It has been incredibly disappointing as we spent quite a bit of time with this person as a valued member of the Heinisch inner circle.  I tried to figure out what the problem was, but couldn't come up with a good reason on why we were now getting the cold shoulder.  When I first started to notice the issue, I tried very hard to keep up contact just as I had in the past.  I texted, called, and sent invites to our shared activities.  Sometimes it would work, other times it just led to more frustration and honestly a few tears.  The more I thought about it today, the more that I realized that it was best that I took other's advice and just moved on.  It was not what I would have chosen, but it's what's best.  I usually blame myself in these situations, but this time I know in my heart that I did not burn this bridge.  I'll have to wait for the one who did to rebuild it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment