Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Les Miserables

Last August I bought four tickets for tonight's performance of Les Miserables at the IU Auditorium with the intention that Cam and I would take Meg and Brett to the show.  Because of the Mennonite educators conference Cam had a four day weekend and I thought it would be fun spending part of it in Bloomington.  That plan changed, however, when we got the Snow Club schedule and we saw that Cam had a trip to Swiss Valley tomorrow.  I knew that I could still travel for the show, but also realized that it would be easier if I stayed home to take Cam to Bethany to catch the bus on Thursday.    Thus, I asked Meg and Brett what they wanted to do and they instantly came up with a great idea - Meg would take Yatsiri and Brett would invite Rachael using both tickets.  As I had already seen the Broadway show, I felt really good about giving up our seats to them so that they could all enjoy it together.

Brett called me as soon as he got home tonight.  He and Rachael had absolutely loved Les Miserables.  Neither had a favorite song, but enjoyed it all.  Brett told me that he knew that Yatsiri had liked it as well as she heard her tell Meg what characteristics made a good Eponine.  As soon as Brett hung up, I called Meg.   I had to laugh when she told me the exact same story.  Meg also let me know how much she loved the show and was so glad that the four of them got to see it together.  I was incredibly happy that it worked out for all of them to go as well and was glad that I could share my love of Broadway musicals with them, even if I couldn't be there in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment