Sunday, February 2, 2020

Super Bowl

Our Super Bowl Sunday started as it usually had in the past, Doug was a lector while Cam served at mass.  We took a break this year from the Knights party, however.  It had been a busy week for Doug with work and Cam at school and we were ready for a relaxing afternoon at home especially since we were in South Bend all day yesterday.  Cam used his time to play Madden and Doug and I finished up a few small projects.  I really appreciated that the guys helped me dust as well.

My parents joined us for the first half of the Super Bowl.  Doug made quesadillas and broccoli cheese soup for dinner.  Both were delicious.  Mom brought a pumpkin pie and brownies to go along with Doug's chocolate cookies for dessert.  The first half of the game was actually kind of boring.  Not a lot happened and none of the commercials caught my eye.  My parents left at halftime, so they missed the "weird" Jennifer Lopez show as Cam described it.  Doug's Dad texted him later to let him know his opinion about it.  Doug and I didn't think too much about it as we realized that it was typical for her as an artist.  Meg and Brett didn't watch it at all and Cal enjoyed all of the funny Tweets about the dancing.

The second half of the game was a lot more exciting.  The 49ers took a 20-10 lead and it looked like it might become a blowout.  Mahomes found the end zone several times in the fourth quarter and the Chiefs defense took charge in the end giving Kansas City a 31-20 victory.  Cameron was happy with that as he felt that the rest of his teams had lost this weekend.  I definitely liked the second half more as the commercials were a lot better.  My favorite on the day was the one with Bill Murray in Groundhog's Day.  The best part of the evening, however, was finishing the Disney vintage poster puzzle that Brett gave me for Christmas.  Doug and I both really enjoyed working on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment