Thursday, February 20, 2020

Girls Night Out

Today was the last of my doctors appointments for the week.  I had chipped a tooth two weeks ago and wanted Dr. Mayden to check it for me.  It didn't hurt unless I bit into something hard, but I knew from past experience that it would probably get worse.  I was a little surprised when the hygienist said that the x-ray showed infection in the root.  I had broken at least eight different teeth over the years from clenching them too hard while sleeping and this one by far hurt the least.  Dr. Mayden checked it as well and told me that besides the infection I had also cracked it in half and would need to be on an antibiotic for a week before he could try to save it from a root canal.  I had to laugh when I walked out of the dentist as I thought about all of the appointments that I had had these past few weeks - a mammogram, uterine biopsy, a blood draw and now a broken, infected tooth, but still nothing bothered me as much as having my eyes dilated.

Thankfully, I felt better today and was well enough to meet Paula, Mary and Wendy for dinner at Huntington St.  I had not seen any of them since December and was glad to catch up.  Paula and Mary had quite a bit of personal news to share and Wendy kept me abreast of happenings at Milford.   Since they met early in the evening, I was also able to spend the rest of the night at home with Cameron and Doug.  It was a fun way to end a daunting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment