Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Doctors, Doctors and More Doctors

This week has turned out to be doctor week for me.  It started with my first appointment this morning at Dr. Freeze's office to have my blood drawn.  I absolutely hate having this procedure done.  I am not afraid of needles or weary of pain, but my veins are small and tend to move once they are found.  They had to try three times in December to fill enough vials for testing leaving multiple bruises up and down my arm.  I was worried that today would be a repeat of that.  Thankfully, it only took one stick and the nurse was able to get plenty of blood.  She told me that she couldn't actually feel the vein when she started, but could tell where it was from the scar tissue of previous pokes.  I didn't care how she did it; I was just glad to be done.  There was one time where it actually took nine tries to find a vein and even then they were only able to draw blood from the inside of my wrist.  I vowed to never let that happen again as that was extremely painful.

The afternoon was filled with more uncomfortableness as I had scheduled my yearly mammogram.  I doubt that it was any women's favorite test, but the importance of it blocked out the awkwardness or pain of it.  I didn't feel like doing too much afterward after spending a day away from the house.  Thankfully, I had finished my time on the elliptical before I left.  Doug offered to take us to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner tonight which Cam and I enjoyed very much.  Not only was it a nice meal, but we also got to watch several Big Ten games on the big screens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment