Wednesday, February 28, 2018

The Flu

I heard Cam up at 6:30 a.m. this morning, so I thought he must have been feeling better.  I was sorely wrong.  Cam had been up since 2:00 a.m. and just felt rotten.  His throat hurt so bad that he had a hard time breathing.  His headache had gotten worse and he was running a fever of 101 degrees.  As I had to an ISTEP test to give today I thought the best plan of action was to run him over to my parents.  I would then take the afternoon off and get him to the doctor.  My Mom knew Cam wasn't feeling well, so she wasn't surprised when we pulled in at 7 a.m. She quickly made him a bed on the floor and he was almost asleep before I left.

Meg was still home when I left.  She did not have to take ISTEP, so she had a two hour delay schedule.  Yesterday she had a one hour delay but went in at the normal time anyway so that she and Jackie could go to Starbucks and do some shopping at Walmart.  She wore her new Saved by the Bell shirt to school today.  

I did make it through the morning at school.  I checked on Cam before I had to turn my phone in for testing.  Mom said that he was sound asleep under the fan as he was burning hot.  His breathing seemed to be ok which was what I was most worried about.  Doug said he'd have his ringer on if they needed him, but Cam slept until I got there at 11:30 a.m. 

Mom had made an appointment at the doctor's office for Cam at 1:30.  We woke him up before then so he could get a drink before we left.  They took his temperature as soon as got back in the room.  It had climbed to 102.  They immediately left to get him two Ibuprofen and then tested him for the flu.  I had debated all morning on which one it was - the flu or a sinus infection.  In the end I was right on both accounts.  He tested positive for Influenza A and was also diagnosed with sinusitis.  He was prescribed Tamiflu, Augmenting and Albuterol for his nebulizer.  

Cam wanted to go back to Mom's while we waited for his prescriptions to be filled.  He laid down for the rest of the afternoon.  We stayed there until Doug left work.  Meg had tennis after school so she didn't get back until 6:30.  It was a quiet night of resting here.  Cam will definitely be home again tomorrow hoping for a speedy recovery.  

No comments:

Post a Comment