Monday, February 26, 2018

Teacher Work Day


Today was our teacher work day for the end of trimester two.  I had originally taken it off as we had planned to go on a visit day to Purdue.  Doug's work schedule and Meg's school schedule changed our plans, so I was able to go to school instead.  Today's teacher work day was a quiet one.  We did not have meetings which gave me a lot of time to clean my classroom and get ready for the last trimester of the year.  I had already logged in grades on the way back from Bloomington, so I only had to print off my reports and I was done with that.

As I worked and cleaned and prepared for the upcoming weeks I realized that there were supplies that I needed to purchase for the classroom.  I decided to run to Walmart to buy all that we would need to get us through to the end of the year.  It was nice to be able to do that while working.  Normally, I have to do this on my own time.  I was back well before one and finished the rest of the items on my my to do list.  It felt strange to not have students at school, but I was glad for the time to prepare.  We do not get a lot of time to do so and it was very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment