Thursday, February 15, 2018

Fog Day

Today we all woke up to a two hour delay.  None of us were surprised as it was extremely foggy last night.  I normally go ahead and get up, but I was wiped out this morning and fell right back to sleep.  When I woke up at 8:15 I was surprised to see that Wawasee had cancelled and we would have an elearning day.  I called Doug right away and he said that he was glad that I did not have school as it was one of the worst days that he had driven in to work.

We decided at that point that I would definitely take Meg and Cam to Bethany.  I hurried and got my plans on to our elearning page and we headed out at 5 minutes after 9.  It was difficult to see, but with the light I had a lot easier trip then Doug.  We stayed on US 6 and State Road 15 with the speedometer set at 40 mph.  The only issues that we encountered was the cars without headlights on.  It did take me close to an hour roundtrip, but everyone made it safely.

I spent the rest of the day answering emails from students, doing laundry and cleaning Cam and Meg's bathrooms.  One benefit to the elearning days has been that I have been able to keep our house clean.  The downside to them has been that only about 60% of my students have done the lessons.  I went back to Bethany at 3:30 to pick up Cameron.  It was still foggy, but the visibility was quite a bit better.  Cam and I ran to Ben's pretzels while Meg attended her end of the year basketball meeting.  By the time we got back she was done and ready to head home.  Even thought the weather was better Doug decided to take her to tennis.  He worked while she attended her group lesson.  Although we were all hoping for a delay tomorrow by the end of the night the snow had melted and the fog had dissipated.  At least we knew we had only had one more day to get through before the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment