Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Elearning Revisted

I woke this morning to find out that we had a delay.  The snow that they predicted arrived in the middle of the night.  Bethany did not have a delay, so I got up to make Cam's lunch and to drive them to school.  Doug said there was enough snow on the road that he didn't want Meg to drive.  We left by 7:10 which gave us twice as long as normal to arrive at school on time.  The roads were a lot worse than I expected.  No one was driving over 40 miles per hour and most were at 30.  Even though it was a slow go, we made it to school well before the 7:50 start time.

I called my Mom on the way home to let her know that it was definitely bad out and that I wouldn't be surprised if Wawasee cancelled.  As I pulled into town my text message sounded and I found out that I was corrected.  We cancelled just before 8 a.m. along with several other schools.  As I hadn't planned on a cancellation last night I needed to get home and put my lesson plans on our elearning page.  I was able to get them out and finish shoveling the driveway before our 9 a.m. elearning start time.

The day was relatively quiet.  I only heard from a handful of students.  As I needed to stay by my computer I worked on other school items while answering their emails.  I even had time to pick up Meg and Cam's rooms all with laptop in tow.  I left at 3 to pick up Meg.  I was happy to discover that the snow covered roads of the morning were now clear. Cam had chess this afternoon, and Doug was able to get him on his way home from work.  Meg rode along with me to get a haircut.  She worked on homework and listed to Amanda tell stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment