Sunday, February 18, 2018

A Late Snowstorm

Last night there was an unexpected snowstorm that quickly brought two inches of snow to our area.  The snow had turned to ice this morning, so Meg and I were unable to go to 11 a.m. mass.  Normally, Doug would have taken us, but he had a religious education meeting and wouldn't be back in time.  Instead of going to church I used the time to do my leg exercises.  I added in ones for my back as well and even did the elliptical.

I spent quite a bit of time working this weekend.  The five elearning days have been great from my perspective as I have been able to be home more this winter and haven't had to worry about making up days at the end of the year.  Unfortunately, a lot of my students haven't taken advantage of the learning opportunities and this weekend I had to take time to make lists of those that were missing work or had tests to make up.  It will be a busy week at school with the end of the trimester on Friday and a practice ISTEP test tomorrow.

Cal spent most of his day at HM's.  Meg had homework to catch up on.  She and Cam also cleaned the guinea pigs.  Doug had work to do as well, so we all stayed busy.  I did make time to get Cal's taxes done.  I wanted to do them while he was home in case I had any questions for him.  He won't get as much back as he did last year, but he was happy with the results none the less.

Last night Cal and HM made hummus that was excellent.  Tonight they made dinner from their new recipe book.   Tonight's recipe was a chicken dish with kenwa.  We had never had it before and found it delicious.  Doug had also prepared chicken and waffles in case Meg and Cam weren't as adventurous as the rest of us.  It was very nice to eat dinner together before Cal had to head back to IU.  We were glad that he was able to spend the weekend with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment