Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Flood Delay

It started raining yesterday and just hasn't stopped.  We did not have any standing water at our house when I got home which I was happy to see.  Normally, the neighbor beside us has a flooded yard that travels into ours when it storms.  As this was not the case we did not have to worry about water in our basement.  Meg and Doug said that there was more water in the Goshen area.  None of the roads they traveled on were closed, but there was some standing water in patches.  Both made it home without any problems.

As the night wore on the reports of flooding in Elkhart County increased.  By the time Meg left for senior night at the boys' basketball game most schools north and west of us had two hour delays.  I heard from her shortly after she arrived at Bethany that they had one as well.  I was completely surprised.  In all of our years of living here I do not remember a flood delay.  I didn't expect Wawasee to call one since our roads were better, but at 8:15 p.m. we joined the list.  I definitely did not complain.  I strongly prefer driving to school in the daylight especially if the roads are covered with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment