Saturday, December 9, 2023

Who Hates Mickey Mouse?

Doug and I were up early to catch Hollywood Studios before rope drop.  I wasn't sure that I would be able to make it as I was absolutely exhausted from yesterday.  I was glad that we did, however, as we were able to ride Slinky Dog Dash, Toy Story Mania and Runaway Railway before our breakfast reservation at Oga's Cantina.

Meg and Nick met us at the Star Wars themed restaurant.  They had slept in as they were up until 1 a.m. last night.  They had thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas party where they walked on rides, watched the parade and enjoyed hot chocolate with cookies.  This morning's drinks and snacks were delicious at the cantina.  We loved the atmosphere as well. 




Our next stop was back in Toy Story Land where Nick, Meg and I rode Alien Saucer Swirl.  It's meant for younger children, but it's one of my favorites.  The lines had been so long on our last few trips that I hadn't ridden it since 2020.  Meg then beat us all at Toy Story Mania before we ordered lunch at Fairfax Fare on Sunset Boulevard.  It was delicious and the first meal that I had eaten in four days that didn't make me queasy.  




After lunch, Nick rode Rock N Roller Coaster while Meg and I shopped for Christmas presents.  I found a great one for Cal and she picked out a few as well.  Doug wasn't in for shopping or riding and instead hung out at the Baseline Tap.  We were all exhausted by 2 p.m. and decided that resting at the hotel would be our next activity.  Doug and I both fell asleep as soon as we returned.  Nick went swimming while Meg rested in her room.

The four of us spent the evening at Magic Kingdom.  My feet hurt really bad, so I wasn't sure if I would be able to do much of anything.  Thankfully, I was still able to join everyone on Pirates on Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion and Mickey's Philharmagic.  All were a lot of fun and I was glad to finally see the new Hatbox Ghost.  We ate the best chili cheese dogs at Casey's Corner before Doug and I headed back to the hotel.  Meg and Nick wanted to ride several more rides and do some more shopping.  They were able to meet up with us at the piano bar before it closed.  It was there that Doug finally told us that he really didn't care for Mickey Mouse.  Meg and I laughed the rest of the night, questioning him over and over "Who Hates Mickey Mouse?"  Whether he does or does not like the main mouse, we were glad that Doug had agreed to spend the weekend at Disney World. 









No comments:

Post a Comment