Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Christmas Movies

In the past, one of my favorite parts of the holiday season has been watching Christmas movies.  The last two years, however, I just haven't been that excited about any of them.  We had watched all of the classic so many times that I felt that I had the lines memorized.  Even the old black and white ones like Christmas in Connecticut and Miracle on 34th Street didn't appeal to me.  I still made time for White Christmas and Doug's favorite, It's a Wonderful Life, but otherwise didn't watch much else.  

This year, I decided to try something different.  Instead of watching the classics, I searched for movies that were recommended by others whether that be by friends, family members or through search engines.  As I started watching some of the non-classics like Disney's Noelle and The 12 Dates of Christmas, I became more excited about holiday movies.  When my Dad said that they just watched Fred Claus, I decided to rewatch that one as well.  It was even better than I remembered and after I finished it, the Vince Vaughn movie "Four Christmases" popped up on my Roku.  I had never seen that and had fun watching it as well.

Tonight, while Doug was at a work dinner, I decided to try one of Meg's suggestions and watch "Love Actually."  Neither that film or While You Were sleeping, which was her movie choice for the evening, were technically Christmas movies, but as they were set during the holidays, I counted each as one.  I had fun rewatching Love Actually and made a note to watch the other film later this week.

I know that I will still watch White Christmas and Meet Me in St. Louis this Christmas season, but I am now looking forward to trying more new holiday movies this year as well.  Doug's not as much into Christmas movies as I am, so Cameron suggested trying Die Hard to get him in the holiday spirit.  I definitely can't turn down an Alan Rickman movie and it does take place during Christmas, so it's not a bad one to add to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment