Sunday, December 10, 2023

What a Fun Weekend

Yesterday, Meg and Nick celebrated their five year anniversary.  As they were talking, I realized that it's getting to the point that I almost don't remember when they weren't dating.  I was glad that they asked us to join them in Orlando as we had a lot of fun celebrating with them.  I was also thankful that we all decided to sleep in this morning.  Yesterday was awesome, but even with the mid-afternoon nap, we were all still tired last night.  I also stayed up later than Doug as Cameron wanted to order Cal's Christmas gift and it was after 1 a.m. when we got the confirmation email.

We spent most of  today at Epcot.  Nick rode Guardians of the Galaxy and Mission Space while Meg and I shopped.  Doug toured the Canadian side of the countries looking for festival dishes that he hadn't tried on Friday night.  Once Nick joined us, we each picked out foods to eat for lunch.  We also shopped in the England stores where I found the perfect gift for Alina.  The park was crowded, but nothing like Friday, so we were able to navigate it a lot easier.  Our last stop of the day was at the Mexico pavilion where the four of us rode Gran Fiesta Tour, always a family favorite.






Meg and Nick hadn't been to Disney Springs yet this trip, so we headed there next.  We did a lot of shopping and I found several more Christmas gifts.  Meg wanted to eat at Splitsville. There were plenty of tables outside, but as soon as we sat down, a storm hit the area.  It was still raining pretty hard when we finished our meals, but we were able to wait until it was only sprinkling before we headed to the parking garage.  I had an umbrella which Meg and I used when she wasn't able to duck under the store entryways.  I decided to walk barefoot as there were large puddles everywhere and I didn't want to ruin my Birkenstocks.  Thankfully, we weren't too wet when we got back to the car.

The drive to the airport was a quick one.  We had just enough time to download the pictures from Meg's photo pass before we arrived at departures.  I was very sad to see them leave.  We had had such a wonderful weekend and I wasn't ready for it to be over.  Thankfully, Christmas break starts soon and I will be able to see everyone again.  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment