Thursday, December 7, 2023

It's a Stomach Bug's Life

Yesterday I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't feel the best.  My stomach and lower back were absolutely killing me.  I thought that maybe it was from sleeping in my chair.  I tried some ice and eventually fell back asleep.  

I didn't feel much better when I got up in the morning.  My joints started to ache and overall I just didn't feel well.  I still went out for a walk as I thought that might help.  The weather was a little bit cooler than normal, which I actually preferred at the time.  Later in the day, not so much.  Doug arrived home from work and asked what I thought about dinner.  By that time I couldn't even thing about food without becoming nauseous.  I did my best to eat rice and saltines.  Afterward, I spent the rest of the evening on the couch, freezing cold and miserable with a mild fever.  Fortunately, Survivor and Amazing Race were on, so the entire evening wasn't a complete waste.

I didn't even set an alarm for today.  I woke up several times in the middle of the night sick, but was able to catch up on my sleep finally getting out of bed at 10 a.m.  Doug came home at noon so that I could have the car.  I had planned on going Christmas shopping but wasn't sure if I could make it.  Thankfully, I was well enough to spend the afternoon out and about.  I even found some great gifts for the Heinisch family.  

Doug and I went to McAlister's once he got home from dinner.  Their chicken and dumpling soup was perfect for tonight's meal.  As we were talking I realized that I hadn't been sick since July of 2022.  That may have been why I was so caught off guard this time.  Either way, I was glad that today was a lot better than yesterday and I hope that soon this stomach bug will be a thing of the past.  





No comments:

Post a Comment