Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Dancing With The Stars

In September, Meg told me that she was watching the new season of Dancing with the Stars.  She had never really followed the show before, but she was excited about the fact that Barry Williams, aka Greg Brady, was one of the contestants.  After finishing the first two episodes, she strongly encouraged me to watch it as well.  It was perfect timing as I had just finished the newest Star Wars series, Ashkor.  

I didn't know what to expect when I started Dancing with the Stars, but I was quickly hooked.  I loved watching all of the celebrities compete, even when I didn't know who they were.  Barry Williams was my obvious favorite.  He wasn't the best dancer, but he was very likable.  Every week, I felt bad for those that were voted off of the show, but as long as Barry continued both Meg and I were happy.  

I talked about the show all of the time and soon I had Doug watching with me.  He was a big fan of the Brady Bunch, but hoped that Alyson Hannigan stayed alive as well.  I didn't agree at first as she was one of the weaker dances, but as she improved, I also started cheering for her.  Another big draw to the show for Doug was having Alfonso Ribeiro as a host.  We both had fun watching YouTube clips of his own performance on the show when he was the celebrity winner.

Soon it felt like everyone in our family was watching the show.  We turned it on at my mom's when we were there in November and Cal followed along as his girlfriend was a fan.  Brett and Cameron didn't watch the show, but they would listen when I talked about it to them weekly.  Brett even voted several times upon my suggestions as he like both Alyson and Jason Mraz.  

Last night was the three hour finale and I was glued to the television the entire time.  Sadly, Barry had been vote out several weeks ago, but both Jason and Alyson were still alive.  I was ok with Alyson winning, but knew that it was a long shot.  Even though she was a fan favorite, the other four dancers were a lot better.  Jason was hands down my pick for the "Len Goodman Mirror Ball Trophy."  After a fun night with a lot of great dances, the final vote left Jason in second place.  I was disappointed, but was extremely happy that we had all had so much fun this fall bonding over Dancing with the Stars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment