Saturday, December 30, 2023

Christmas Golf

One of my favorite things to do when I visited my grandparents in Florida for Christmas was to play golf during break.  The courses weren’t always in the best shape and the weather was a little bit cool, but it was definitely fun to get in a round during the holidays when I knew that the courses were closed in Indiana.  

Cameron was able to experience that today when he and Doug played nine holes at Ocala Palms.  They were impressed with the course and as an added bonus Cameron got to use the clubs he inherited from Bob for the first time today.  It took a little bit of time for him to adjust to the irons, but Cameron said that he had never hit his drives better.  The best part was that he and Doug had a great time together.  They were paired with another group of two and enjoyed the round immensely.







While Doug and Cameron were playing golf, I worked non-stop on taking all of the Christmas down and catching up on laundry.  It’s funny to me how much I love having the decorations up during the season, but as soon as the holiday ends, I’m ready for it to be gone. A positive for me was that I also got to listen to my new Jason Mraz vinyl which I enjoyed very much.  Nick and Meg offered to take me to lunch, but I told them that I was ok by myself.  I appreciated their gesture, but hadn’t been alone since I picked up Cal and Meg at the airport ten days ago.  

Cameron requested Brick City Kitchen for dinner which we all enjoyed very much.  It also gave us a chance to see the Christmas lights downtown one last time and buy a few treats from Grandpa Joe’s.  The rest of the night was spent playing games and watching the Lions game on television.  Game night was a lot of fun with multiple rounds of Donner Party.  Phil joined us for that and the first half of the football game.  Unfortunately, the Lions game did not end as well.  A missed player check-in by the refs cost Detroit the game against the Cowboys.  It was a bummer end to a wonderful day in Ocala.

No comments:

Post a Comment