Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Christmas Party

 Last night I went to a mission meeting at the church.  I wasn't a lot of help to the group this time as they were looking for volunteers to help distribute fliers for the Dominicans.  All four of our children will be here during the distribution period and I don't want to miss any time with them.  I felt bad when I left the meeting, but there will be other opportunities to volunteer later.  

Tonight was the Blessed Trinity Council for Catholic Women's Christmas party.  Doug dropped me off at Milano's at 6 p.m.  I was very nervous about going as it was just a social event this evening and I didn't know a lot of the women very well.  I found a nice table to sit at, however, and enjoyed talking to several of the women during dinner.  The host had four Christmas games for us to play and I actually won the first one - a  holiday word scramble.  I ordered the stuffed shells which were delicious.  The evening ended with a fun gift exchange. I was sad to give up my Christmas charcuterie board, but was happy with the "neck fan" that I received.  It will be perfect this summer.  



Doug picked me up at 8:30 and I told him all about my night.  I realized while I was talking to him that during the past two nights, I was strongly encouraged by multiple people to become more involved in various service projects.  The women tonight told me that it was the best way to make friends.  I knew that they were right, but I wasn't ready to commit to anything just yet, not even making friends.  After two years of non-stop commitments, I am happy just to attend a few meetings a month and slowly get to know people in the Ocala community.

No comments:

Post a Comment