Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Home Alone

With Doug leaving first thing Monday morning for Indiana, this has been the first time that I have been completely alone in Florida.  I was so busy on Monday that I didn't really mind it too much.  Yesterday, I missed Doug more, but spent so much of my day cleaning and grocery shopping that the time flew by through the afternoon.  At night, I watched IU come back from a 14 point deficit to beat Morehead State.  Everyone in Syracuse was relieved as a loss would have looked pretty bad to the tournament selection committee.  Once the game was over, I spent the rest of the night watching White Christmas and talking to Meg about how good Love Actually really was.

I slept in today and then turned on Holiday Inn.  It had been a long time since I had watched the movie.  I had forgotten how good it was.  Afterward, I picked up my blood pressure medicine and finished up the rest of the cleaning.  I was pleased to see that my blood pressure had already dropped by the time I finished lunch.  The afternoon was spent running errands.  I then ordered dinner and had just enough time to wrap the last three gifts before leaving for Orlando to pick up Cal and Meg.

Being home alone for the past three days wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.  I kept busy and enjoyed watching television and shopping.  In saying that, however, I was more than happy to see both Cal and Meg this evening.  I am so glad to have them here and will enjoy their company very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment