Monday, December 11, 2023

Twenty-Five Miles - No Wonder I am Tired

 I was in tears yesterday afternoon at Epcot.  I had dropped something I bought, my legs were aching and I just couldn't keep up with everyone.  Meg asked me what was wrong and I told her.  She said that she could barely keep up, so it shouldn't be surprising that I was struggling after such a busy weekend.  Doug reassured me the same thing.  

I felt better after Doug and Meg said something, but I still felt a little bit down about it last night until I looked at my FitBit.  In a forty-eight hour period, we had walked twenty-five miles.  Seeing it written out like that made me realize that the reason I was tired was because our weekend had been exhausting.  We were on the go for two straight days.  I should have been tired  As sad as that was to realize, I was happy that I was at least able to keep up with everyone for a weekend.  I took it easy today, sleeping in and resting my legs.  If that's what I have to do to still hang out with Doug and our children then I will do it as being a relevant part of their life is extremely important to me.  Thankfully, they all still seem to want me around for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment