Sunday, December 17, 2023

Ten Things I Have Learned Since August

Doug and I spent a good portion of yesterday and today in the house due to a rare December tropical storm.  It didn't cause a lot of damage in our area, but there was flooding along the coast.  The high winds and three inches of rain that we received kept us indoors more than usual during a weekend.  While we were watching television and playing games, I had a lot of time to think about all that has happened since August.  Here are the top ten things that I have learned:

#10    Moving is a lot of work.

#9      Sweatshirts are required during the winter months in Florida, especially at night.

#8      People in the south are friendlier then they are in the Midwest.

#7.     Cleaning is not so bad when there are only two bathrooms in the house.

#6.     Grass in Florida just isn't as nice as it is in Indiana, no matter how well you take care of it.

#5.     Insurance is extremely pricey in Florida.

#4.     Having only one car is not that bad.

#3.     We can watch movies almost all year long on the projector outside.

#2.     The void that being an empty nester leaves is hard to fill.

#1.     I can still be involved in my adult children's lives no matter how far away I live.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment