Thursday, December 14, 2023

End of a Great First Semester

I called Cameron a little bit after 5 p.m. tonight expecting to hear that he had just left Bloomington.  He had his last final this afternoon and I expected it to have just ended.  Thus, I was completely surprised to hear that he was already on US 31.  His finite exam had been a lot easier than he had expected.  He not only had time to finish it, but to check over it before heading out early.  

I had a lot of fun listening to Cameron talk on his drive to Syracuse.  He was very excited about his grades this semester, expecting to finish with a 4.0.  He was happy with the friends that he had made on his floor and in his classes.  He and his friend, Josh, had just won a case conference in K204, and he had thoroughly enjoyed last night's performance of Straight No Chaser with Brett at the IU Auditorium.  He was looking forward to a week in Northern Indiana visiting Alina, his grandparents and his Bethany friends before heading to Florida.  He was also thankful to have a three week break from studying.

When I hung up the phone, I couldn't help but smile.  When Cameron left for college in August, I had hoped that he would find success.  Every day hadn't been easy, but overall it had gone very well.  His freshmen year reminded me a lot of Doug's first semester.  I knew first hand how much Doug had enjoyed it and was incredibly thankful that Cameron had had the same experience.  I was also happy that I would get to spend two weeks with him.  It was a hard adjustment for me to be an empty nester.  I will definitely enjoy his time at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment