Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Relaxing Day in Ocala

After a late night picking up Meg and Cal at the airport, I decided to sleep in this morning.  By the time that I got up, Cal had left for a long walk.  He was still out when Meg and I ran to get her a big pop at Circle K.  We were impressed when we saw Cal walking close to my bank.  He already had 10,000 steps when he got home.

Meg had to work today, but the three of us still had time to get lunch at Tijuana Flats and do a little bit of Christmas shopping.  Cal and I then spent the rest of the afternoon at Sholom Park.  It wasn't quite the long walk that he took this morning, but it was still very nice.  The new added Zen Garden was extremely impressive and I was glad that he got to see it.

Tonight the three of us met Phil for dinner at Crazy Cucumber.  Meg said that it was her favorite place to eat in Ocala, so I was very glad that we made it there during happy hour.  I tried one of their salads for the first time and really liked.  The conversation at dinner was a lot of fun as well and it was warm enough to eat outside.  

Tonight, I checked in with Cameron, Doug and Bret several times as they left Bloomington for Ocala.  They hoped to make it past Chattanooga before they stopped for the evening.  While they were driving, Cal and I watched the IU basketball game.  It wasn't anything like the game on Tuesday as IU got ahead early and won easily.  Before it was over, Cal and I started the movie Rebecca.  He had never seen the Hitchcock classic and liked it just as much I did.  

Nick arrived by shuttle van from the Orlando airport around 10 p.m this evening.  It had been a long day of traveling for him, so he and Meg were happy just to relax and catch up tonight.  By the time we all headed to bed, I had helped Doug find a hotel south of Atlanta.  I was very glad that they had made it that far.  It would make their trip tomorrow a lot easier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment