Saturday, December 2, 2023

Tikis, Cactus and Hula Santa

While I was packing to move this summer, I was also planning in my head how I wanted to organize and decorate our new home in Ocala.  It not only really helped make packing a lot easier, but really helped once we arrived in Florida.  I soon had everything unpacked and was ready to put my decorating ideas to good use.  

I had explained one of my ideas to Doug while we were still living in Syracuse, but he couldn't quite grasp what I was talking about.  My plan was to "connect" the lanai to the back patio creating an outdoor living space.  It all made sense to Doug once we made a walking path out of pavers from the back door to the patio and then added a table, grill and tiki bar to the chairs and fire pit that we already had.  It really looked nice and we all had fun using the space during Thanksgiving break.  

This Friday night, we put the patio to good use by watching the IU basketball game on the projector outside.  While we were outside, we talked about adding tiki torches to the space as well. Until today, however, I did not realize how much Doug really liked that idea.  As we headed to Lowe's, he told me that there were two things that he had always wanted - a tiki torch and a cactus.  I was completely surprised when he said that as I had never heard him talk about either one before this past month.  Happily, we were able to find both at Lowe's and soon had three burning torches around the patio along with a newly potted cactus.  Those additions along with the lighted palm tree and hula Santa that I recently found at Bealls made for the perfect finishing touches on our backyard living space.  










No comments:

Post a Comment