Thursday, February 17, 2022

Winter Storm Part 2

When we decided that I would drive back to Indiana with Doug this week, I started looking at the weather forecast.  My mom had told me that another winter storm was predicted to hit Syracuse on Wednesday night or Thursday morning.  Doug and I realized that it was important that we make it home Wednesday afternoon to ensure that we miss driving through hazardous conditions.  We also didn't want Cameron to be stuck at home for a few days without one of us there.

Fortunately, we did make it home before the ice/snow developed.  Unfortunately, the storm was as bad as predicted.  It started this afternoon with sleet and ice and ended with six inches of snow.  Cameron did not have school today at all and had a two hour delay scheduled for Friday by the time we went to bed tonight.  

I was definitely depressed to see more snow.  I had just completely cleared the driveway of the last pile yesterday.  Thankfully, Doug was available to help me shovel the driveway tonight, so there wouldn't be as much to do tomorrow morning.  The storm was fast moving and we have 40's predicted for next week, so hopefully this will be the end of it.  I definitely am done with winter weather and crossing my fingers for an early spring.  We do have several trips planned to Florida in March and April, so even if this winter lingers, we will get a break from it soon.  I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment