Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Groundhog's Day Predictions

Today was a weatherman's delight.  Not only was a winter storm warning in full effect in our area, but it was also Groundhog's day.  Unfortunately, both had bad news to report.  First the winter storm that was to start overnight, began right on time.  The heavy snow fell all day long just as predicted.  I shoveled five inches of snow off of our driveway by 3 p.m. this afternoon.  Cameron joined me after dinner to clear two more inches.  We could have gone out again at 9 p.m. for another round, but by then I was too exhausted to even think about lifting another shovel.  

The groundhog also had disappointing news to report as well.  He saw his shadow this morning predicting  six more weeks of winter.  I was really sad to hear that, especially after today's winter blast.  Cameron and I decided that the best way to celebrate the holiday was to watch the movie "Groundhog's Day" tonight.  We had watched "Snow Day" earlier in the day, which was always a Heinisch staple on a day off from school.  Both movies were just as much fun as I remembered and a great way to help ease the winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment