Saturday, February 12, 2022

Running of the Bulls, Ocala Style

Doug and I made plans to go to Disney Springs today to celebrate an early Valentine's Day.  I had read yesterday, however, that there was a cowboy festival in downtown Ocala this morning complete with a "running of the bulls" through the downtown square.  After learning about that I decided that we had to check it out before we left town for the day.  

Doug and I were both up early this morning so we had no problem finding a spot along the "parade" route today.  Neither of us knew what to expect, but both of us were surprised to see a crowd had already formed well before we arrived. Everyone was very excited about the event and many, including myself, had cameras ready to take videos and pictures of the bulls' trip through town.  

In the end it wasn't quite what I expected as I assumed that it would be hundreds of cows.  I guess that wouldn't have made sense with all of the young children standing along the sidewalks.  The "bull parade" may have been smaller than we expected, but the festival itself was a lot bigger.  There were food trucks, craft booths, a wild west show, a petting zoo and even a mechanical bull to ride.  We didn't stay long, but realized that it would be a lot of fun for small children.  We were also extremely impressed with the size of the crowds.  

After checking out the cowboy festival, Doug and I drove to Disney Springs next.  Traffic was heavy, but the crowds at Disney Springs were lighter than on our trips in the past.  We were able to stop at several stores, eat lunch at Splitsville, grab a margarita and get cookies from Gideon's bakehouse.  I was excited about the M&M dispenser that Doug got me for Valentine's Day.  I was also glad that we found a fun birthday gift for Brett.  Doug was most pleased with the Beverly Mule Drink that he tried at the Coke Store.  It was definitely a fun day in Orlando made even better by the beautiful weather and spending time together





No comments:

Post a Comment