Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The Calm (or Not) Before the Storm

For the last few days all we have heard about is the upcoming storm that is supposed to hit early tomorrow morning.  I wasn't happy about the weather prediction, but was glad that I made it home yesterday well ahead of the storm.  I also felt fortunate that the rain wouldn't turn to ice until after the girls' sectional game ended tonight.  That would give Cameron plenty of time to drive home before the roads became slick.

With the talk of 14 inches of snow over a two day period, I decided to devote today to getting everything done outside of the house that I could as I realized that I probably wouldn't leave the house again until Friday.  I started the morning by packaging up the four Legos and two video games that we sold on Ebay yesterday.  It took a lot longer than I thought, but by 11:30 a.m. Grandma Jane and I were able to drop them off at the post office on our way to Walmart.  The grocery store was crowded for a Tuesday morning, but there was still plenty of food on the shelves.  

After lunch I decided to refill all of the bird feeders.  I had heard that the birds wouldn't be able to easily find food during the storm, so I thought I'd help out.  Once they were well stocked, I took a short walk.  It was so nice this afternoon.  It was hard to believe that everything would change tomorrow.  The rest of my afternoon was spent going to the dentist to have my broken tooth x-rayed and picking up my Happy Hollister books at my parents.  

Cameron didn't get home until well after 9 p.m. tonight.  He was pretty bummed that Bethany had lost in the first round as he had really enjoyed being part of the team this year.  He already knew that he had an e-learning day tomorrow, so he stayed up later than normal playing pool and talking to Sam on the phone.  While he was busy, I got out the Valentine's Day decorations and finally unpacked the rest of the groceries.  It was definitely a productive day in the Heinisch home and we were officially ready for the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment