Friday, February 25, 2022

Girls Night

Last month Paula, Mary, Wendy, and Betsy all got together at Cherie's to eat pizza and play games.  As it was scheduled on the same night as Cameron's birthday, I missed the event.  As soon as it was over, they texted me to see when I would be available.  I gave them tonight as a possibility and everyone agreed to meet at my house this evening.

I sent out a text reminder early this week and didn't hear from everyone.  I still planned on hosting a girls night, however, as I was sure that they would be here.  I spent the majority of the day cleaning.  I appreciated Doug's help getting the food ready after he finished working for the day.  It had snowed last night and I hadn't planned on time for shoveling.  With his help, I was able to get everything done and shower before my friends arrived at 6 p.m.  

In the end everyone was able to make it and it was very nice to see them.  I hadn't gotten together with the entire group in quite some time and really enjoyed catching up on their lives.  A lot had changed in the teaching world for them both locally and at the state level.  Paula had switched to teaching English at the high school and Cherie moved to the Wawasee Middle school science department.  Mary was still a corporation coach, but was based out of WMS instead of Milford.  Wendy was still at Milford, but was in a special education role instead.  Only Betsy remained in the same position as when I left.  I was glad that they had all enjoyed their new roles, but was frustrated for them concerning a current bill in the statehouse.  It would greatly increase their workload unnecessarily.  Hopefully, it doesn't pass the Indiana senate.

Teaching wasn't the only topic of the night as we also talked about our children and what each one was up to currently.  It was nice to hear that they were all doing well.  Mary, Cherie and Wendy all have upcoming weddings for their children to plan.  We talked about getting together again to look for Mother of the Bride dresses.  Overall, it was a really fun night that flew by way too fast.  Can't wait to see everyone again in April.  


No comments:

Post a Comment