Sunday, February 6, 2022

Winter Break Extended

Friday February 4th was always scheduled to be winter break for Bethany students.  Cameron didn't have any specific plans for the day or weekend.  He originally thought that he would be spending it at the school watching the girls basketball team play in the sectional semi-finals and championship games on Friday and Saturday nights.  When the girls lost Tuesday night and the winter storm started shortly afterward, I was worried that it would be a boring winter break for him.  I was also concerned that I would get anxious spending so much time in the house over the extended winter break, especially with Doug busy working in Florida.

In the end I had nothing to worry about.  Movies, IU basketball and playing cards with Grandma and Grandpa kept us entertained while Cameron was at home.  When he was with his friends sledding, going out to dinner, enjoying Samuel's hot tub and watching Spiderman at the movie theater, I kept busy working on Legos, finishing a few more sets to list on Ebay.  I even had time to binge watch the first half of season four of Ozark on Netflix.  I had originally planned on watching an episode a day, but it was so incredibly good that I watched it all by Saturday night at midnight.  Overall, this winter break was a lot more fun and definitely more memorable than years past.  With that said, I am already hoping for a calmer one weather wise next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment