Monday, January 31, 2022

Catching Up With Cameron

 Doug and I were up early this morning so that I could catch my 6:45 a.m. flight.  The Orlando airport was absolutely packed, but my flight to Indy went well.  The Civic started without any issues.  I was a little worried about that as it had been sitting out in the cold for almost a week.  There was very little traffic and the roads were clear.  Thus, I made it home well before Cameron arrived from school.  I was really glad to see him.  He had a lot to catch me up on from his busy weekend.  

Cameron first told me about his participation in ISMAA with the other woodwinds on Saturday.  They played very well, earning a gold medal.  I was impressed as I knew from other years that it was hard to achieve.  As proud as he was of his gold status, Cameron was even more excited about the picture that he and Sam took with the Elkhart Memorial "deer" after their performance.  Cameron also filled me in on his time with his friends this weekend.  They got together at our house to listen to his new Juice World vinyl and play his new game, Chameleon.  Everyone enjoyed both.  He told me that while he was shopping for his vinyl, he found one that he thought that I would like and bought it for me.  I was thrilled to see a vintage Jim Croce album to add to our collection.  We listened to it right away and were glad to hear that "Bad, Bad Leroy Brown" sounded as good as always.  



We did take a break from catching up after dinner, so that Cameron could do his homework.  He played pool for awhile afterward and then joined me for the latest episode of Amazing Race.  We ended the night talking about clothing while I ironed a shirt for him for tomorrow.  It was really nice spending time with Cameron tonight.  It made the early morning wake up call worth it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment