Friday, October 25, 2019

Short But Productive

I didn't have a lot of time in Bloomington these past two days, but I did pack in a lot.  I was busy yesterday from the time Meg and I left for the orthodontist until I picked Brett up from work late last night.  With all of the activity I had no problem falling asleep last night.

Brett had to work this morning, but was home by the time I left for a walk.  I appreciated his company as we walked through his neighborhood.  Our conversation revolved a lot of different topics, but the dominant theme was Disney.  Once I got ready we had time to go to breakfast before his interview with the IU athletic department.  We talked about prospective interview questions as we enjoyed the Village Deli special.  We finished with enough time for Brett to walk to the comic book store before heading to Memorial Stadium.  He called while I was on my way to Bethany to let me know that the meeting went well and he felt positive that he would get a callback for a second interview.  That was great to hear.  He's been a lot more comfortable going into interviews lately as he has had a lot of experience with them and knows that he has two jobs that he already enjoys.

My drive home was an easy one and I made it to Bethany right at dismissal time.  I was definitely glad to be out of the Pilot.  I had sat more than enough these past two days and was ready for a break.  We took it easy tonight.  Doug and I went to dinner and then invited my parents up to play cards.  Cam joined us for Trumpet, but sat out of Oh Hell.  It was nice to have some down time after such a busy couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment