Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Pumpkin Carving

Several weeks ago I asked Cam if he would go to Fashion Farm with me this fall.  He agreed and once we got there he asked me if we were even going to carve pumpkins this year.  I knew that he probably wouldn't do it if he was the only one participating.  It had been years since I had actually carved one, but decided that it was a Heinisch tradition that I wasn't ready to see end.  Thus, tonight we turned on "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and got started.

It was a lot harder to cut the hole at the top than I remembered.  I don't have a lot of wrist strength and I assumed that I'd have to have Doug help me, but once I got into the sawing rhythm that Cameron suggested I found success.  I've never been a fan of scooping out the guts, but that was a lot easier  than I remembered.  Doug came in from raking leaves in time to help finish out the insides of both Cam and mine.  We decided to make traditional Jack O'Lanterns this year and were both pleased with the results.  By the time Ichabod Crane lost his head in Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow we had two pumpkins ready for trick or treaters and had a lot of fun along the way.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment