Saturday, October 5, 2019

Only Saturday Home in Eight Weeks

I was so tired last night that I could barely keep my eyes open.  Nick brought Meg home around 10:20.  We visited with them for awhile and then headed to bed.  This morning I didn't wake up until 9:00 a.m.  I slept so hard that I didn't know where I was when the alarm went off.  I met Mary, Paula, Cheri, Debbi, Betsy, Wendy and Cindy for brunch at Maria's.  It was great to catch up with everyone. I know that several of us got together last weekend, but it seemed longer than that.

I was glad that we were at home this afternoon as Doug told me that we were gone the past five weeks and would be out of town the next two as well.  It felt really nice.  Doug used his time to finish painting the extra bedroom and working outside.  He also took a walk with me after I unpacked and started on Meg's laundry.  Meg went to get coffee with Gabby this morning and then lunch with Nick.  They hung out at house afterward until they went to Grandma's for chicken and noodles.  Once dinner was over Meg and Nick headed to Bethany for the boys' soccer game and then a haunted house in Columbia City.

Brett arrived home close to 6 p.m.  He had spent three hours beforehand in Terre Haute.  He met a girl there that he had been talking to from Catholic Match.  They had a nice lunch together and then toured the local art museum. He was very happy with his day.  After eating dinner the four of us called Grandma and Grandpa up to play Oh Hell!  For the first time ever Brett was glad to be the big loser as the booby prize was a Angry Bird Pig.  Meg texted us while we were playing to let us know that the wait was two hours for the haunted house.  Since they had already paid, they decided to stay.  I know that it was frustrating to wait that long, but they were happy to spend so much time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment