Friday, October 4, 2019

Home Sweet Home

Brett had to work this morning, so he went to bed early last night.  I was wiped out from my trip yesterday so I slept in, but was still up and ready by the time he got home at 9.  I needed to get his new clothes ironed before his interview at 11:15.  He sure looked the part by the time we left.  We didn't talk about it much on the way to SPEA.  Brett was nervous and I didn't want to make it worse.

I drove to Read after I dropped him off and parked in the back lot.  I ran into Meg as I was getting out of the Pilot.  She was coming back from a tutoring session with Mark for Finite.  I walked with her to English class and then got some steps in going to the Union and back to Read.  It was fun walking with her.  She had run into Cal and laughed when she told me about his reaction.  I realized that I was the only Mom in the area, but I didn't mind.  It reminded me of walking to class with my friends thirty years ago.

Meg and Brett were both back at Read by 12:30.  We had lunch at McAllister's Deli which we all enjoyed.  Brett filled us in on his interview and felt really good about it.  Our next stop was his apartment.  Meg and I picked up all of my bags and told Brett goodbye.  He had to work at the Union at 2.  He was happy as the executive at Bell Trace stopped him this morning to tell him all of the wonderful things that she had heard from the residents about his work effort.  That was awesome to hear.

Meg and I ran to Target next to pick up a broom for her room.  We then spent about thirty minutes cleaning her room.  It wasn't bad at all.  I just wanted to dust, clean the bathroom and get a few items organized.  I knew that way all she would need to do when she got back was make her bed and put her laundry away.  We left IU around 2:45 so that we could pick up Nick at Purdue at 5:30.  Traffic was horrible, but we still made it to his dorm with ten minutes to spare.  Meg and Nick were happy to see each other.  He showed her his dorm before we left.  The trip felt long, only because we had already been in the car three hours before we took off.  It was a fun ride, however, as we listened to Disney songs on the way home.  I dropped Nick and Meg off at his house at 8:25.  Doug spent his night painting and had ordered a pizza for us when he was done.  I was thankful for that as I was starving when I got home.  I was so happy to be out of the Pilot.  It was a long drive, but I was glad to have picked up Meg and Nick.  I remembered what it was like when Doug and I lived apart from one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment