Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A Special Day in the Musser Family

Today would have been my brother's 56th birthday.  Over the years October 8th has become a special day for my family.  We use this day as a celebration of his life.  I have noticed that by doing so, I tend to now think of the happy times that we had together instead of the sad remembrance of his death.  Just getting out the fall decorations in early October reminds me of how much he liked Halloween.  That was something that we had in common.

This afternoon I was proud to place four mums next to the pumpkin decoration that Meg and Cam picked out last year on this day.  Although Bunk probably would have chosen a different gift for his birthday, buying something special on this day always makes me think of the fun that we had as siblings and the common bond that we had with our grandpa.  In fact when CrapPa died, my first thought was of my brother.  I realized that I had had thirty years of making memories with our favorite story teller that he had missed out on.  It was only fair that my brother got the next thirty.  Bunk may not have smiled in every picture that we took together and I definitely may have been an annoying little sister, but I loved my big brother and looking at these pictures today remind me of that  most of all.



No comments:

Post a Comment