Saturday, October 26, 2019

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Doug and Cam had made plans to go to the Illinois vs. Purdue football game today.  Unfortunately, the weather changed their minds.  The forecast called for temperatures in the forties and over an inch of rain.  They definitely made the right call as the clouds opened up right at kickoff.  Neither one of them really minded as there were some great games on television today and they were able to catch all of them.  Cal had the same idea as he texted me that he wasn't moving off of the couch all day.

It ended up being a great weekend for the Heinisch football crowd as everyone of their teams won.  Illinois beat Purdue soundly, IU bested Nebraska by a touchdown and Michigan embarrassed Notre Dame.  Cam couldn't stop talking about how excited he was that IU was now bowl eligible by winning their sixth game so early in the season.  He also enjoyed calling Grandma every time Michigan found the end zone making sure that Grandpa knew the score.  Doug asked me at the end of the day if I ever thought that I would watch as much football as I have this season.  The answer to that was an obvious, no.  Even though I have never been a fan of the sport or planned to spend my Saturdays at Memorial stadium, I have enjoyed listing to Cameron's enthusiasm for it.  It has been even more fun now that the Hoosiers have been doing so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment