Thursday, October 10, 2019

Buck Euchre

Doug had county council tonight, so Cam and I decided to hang out at Grandma and Grandpa's for the evening.  Cam wasn't sure at first that he'd be able to go over as he had work to do and tests to study for as tomorrow was the last day of the quarter.  Fortunately, he completed everything ahead of time and only needed to read over a study sheet for a volleyball test in PE.

We appreciated that Mom made us dinner.  Cam chose pork chops and I picked chicken.  While we ate we enjoyed an episode of America Says.  It was one of my favorite shows on Game Show network.  I hadn't played euchre in quite some time.  That didn't seem to matter as I was on fire and ended up winning with each of my partners.  I was impressed as I don't usually get that great of cards.  We finished the night with a game of buck euchre.  It doesn't matter what I do in that game, I never win.  Tonight was no exception and Grandpa quickly made short work of us all.  Even with the big loss Cam had a lot of fun.  He also learned a lot, such as pinwheel cookies smash relatively easy, peanut butter kisses were the worst candy ever made and that Grandpa and Grandma are closer to needing a "Grandpad" than they realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment