Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween

Cam left this morning dressed as a hamburger.  The SGA at Bethany had decided to have a Halloween costume contest today and he was more than willing to participate.  He was definitely not the only one either as the majority of students walking out of school at the end of the day had gotten into the holiday spirit.  One group took it a little further than I would have suggested by spraying silly string all over several cars in the parking lot.  I was thankful to have missed that activity as I wasn't sure how to get it off of the paint.  Cam got in the car and announced that Sam was one of the contest winners for the Freshmen class.  We both laughed at that as Samuel had worn Meg's hot dog costume.  Cam played Madden when he got home and I walked around the house.  With the miserable weather I didn't want to walk outside.  Even with my altered path I had close to 8000 steps by the time we left for Goshen.  


Avery had invited several friends over to trick or treat with him this evening.  It was snowing when we left, but that didn't deter their group.  Cam did take an umbrella, hat and gloves to help combat the cold.  While he was getting candy in the Black Squirrel neighborhood, Doug and I watched Halloween.  It had always been Doug's favorite horror movie and was still just as scary as when he first watched it thirty years ago.  We did take a break for him to pick up Cam at 8:45.  He had had a great time and came home with a full basket of candy.  I was glad that the weather didn't ruin their evening and thankful that he changed into dry clothes once they were done.  Doug and I did get to finish the movie when he got back.  I was glad as I believe that we have watched it every Halloween night since we were first married.  We also got a lot done on our puzzle as well making it a fun night for all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment