Monday, October 14, 2019

Fall Break

I decided to sleep in this morning as it was the first official day of Fall Break.  Of course I was up wide awake at 7:30 a.m.  I didn't mind as I used the time to search through housing choices for Meg.  Thus, when she got ready to apply at 9 a.m. we both had a good idea of where she wanted to live next year.  Doug and I thought that it was ridiculous that they had to make housing choices this early in the school year, but at least Meg was happy with what she chose and by the end of the day was glad to report that one of her friends was going to live with her.

After helping Meg, I started laundry and headed out the door to take a walk.  It was cold, but not unbearable.  Cam was up playing Madden before I left.  Bailee had texted him in the middle of the night as she thought her baby brother was going to be born, but it was a false alarm.  I let Cam pick our lunch spot.  He had hoped for the root beer stand, but it was closed.  Thus, we settled for Peterson's, so he could get AYCE fish.

We picked my parents up at 2 to go see IT Chapter Two.  Brett and Cal had both seen the movie when it came out several weeks ago and highly recommended it.  The first forty-five minutes were extremely intense. I spent the majority of that time with my hands over my eyes at it was too scary for me.  It either settled down or I got used to the movie as the rest of it was definitely easier to watch.  The film had more humor in it than the 1980s version and even poked fun at Stephen King.  In the end Cam and I were glad that we went to see the movie in theaters.  We also appreciated that we watched it in the middle of the afternoon.  It would have been a lot scarier driving home in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment