Thursday, October 24, 2019

Dennis James Halloween

It was a rough morning for Meg.  She had quite a bit of work done at her orthodontist appointment today.  They put in a stronger wire, trimmed her bite plate, and started her on rubber bands.  Needless to say, her mouth was very sore on the trip back to IU.  Thankfully, it was thirty minutes shorter since we were leaving from Warsaw.  There was also very little traffic to slow us down.  We did stop so that she could get something to drink, but otherwise we made very good time.

Meg and I first stopped at her dorm to unload her items.  She hadn't had time to do her laundry this week, so I offered to do it at Brett's while she was in class.  Brett had been at a SPEA meeting earlier in the morning and arrived just as we got back to the car.  We headed to his apartment to get Meg's three loads of laundry started and then had lunch at McAllister's Deli.  Thankfully, they had a soup that Meg really liked so she could eat something.  After lunch we switched Meg's clothes to the dryer before I dropped her at Read and Brett at the Union.  The rest of the afternoon was a busy one.  Meg had class, Brett had to work and I folded laundry and did some shopping for both of them.  By the time I picked up Chick-Fil-A for Meg's dinner and met her at her dorm, I was wiped out.  We had just enough time to get her room cleaned before leaving for the night.

I bought tickets for Meg and I to see Dennis James' Halloween at the IU auditorium this evening.  Brett had been several times and highly recommended it to us.  It was an unique experience.  Dennis James played the organ while the 1925 silent movie "The Lost World" played on the big screen.  He spent about fifteen minutes explaining his connection to the IU auditorium and setting up the movie, but once it started we almost forgot he was there.  The movie was not a comedy, but Meg and I did laugh at certain parts, especially the dinosaur scenes.  Although I probably would not go next year, I was glad that I got to be a part of this evening's performance.  It was nice to spend time with Meg as well.  We ended our time together with a smoothie for her and breadsticks for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment