Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Wednesday

Today was another quiet one at home.  I was able to take a walk, clean the kitchen and pick Meg up for her lunch break.  She's still having some challenges adjusting to all of the newness of being a camp counselor, but she's making huge strides.  She really likes her co-counselor and the girls in her cabin. They are ten and eleven years old and enjoy making friendship bracelets with Meg.  The only downside has been that several of the girls are homesick and tend to cry during breaks.  Otherwise, it has been getting better each day.

Tonight Doug and I tried a new place for dinner that he had wanted to go to for quite some time - HopLore in Leesburg.  It was a brewery built in an old farm mill.  I was glad that we tried it since Doug really wanted to, but neither of us were thrilled with it.  The beer selection was weak and the menu was limited.  We did enjoy the pretzel appetizers, but decided to call it after one drink and head into Warsaw for the rest of the night.  Our next stop was Kohl's.  All of their women's shirts on sale and I needed a couple of new ones.  I found several that both Doug and I really liked.  We ended our night out at Hacienda.  It was a beautiful evening to sit on the porch.  I enjoyed Doug's company and have been incredibly thankful for the time we have had together this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment