Thursday, June 13, 2019

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!

June 13th and it was absolutely miserable weather-wise with 50 temperatures, rain and wind.  Besides a haircut appointment for me, Cam, Meg and I stayed inside most of the day.  We wondered all afternoon if Cam would have tennis this evening.  My parents had come up to play Buck Euchre and we were all surprised when Cam got a text at 5 p.m letting him know that tennis at Northwood was still on tonight's schedule.  While we debated what Cam should do, five minutes later he got another text letting him know that it was cancelled.  We were relieved as none of us wanted to sit outside in today's weather.

Once we knew Cam's plans, Meg was able to finish making hers.  She wanted to go to Jackie's, but was having issues with light-headness.   We assumed it was due to the penicillin she was taking for her mouth, but didn't want her to drive.  Since Cam didn't have tennis I was available to drive her to Elkhart.  She was happy for the ride, but it did change their plans to go to Aladdin.  Instead Jackie's dad took them to Jimtown Pizza.  I made it back home by 6:30 and Cam and I went to my parents to eat dinner and finish our Club Buck game.  Doug had County Council tonight, so we had plenty of times to play cards.  I was happy to be the big winner on the day, but most importantly was glad to have enjoyed a dreary, miserable weather day.

No comments:

Post a Comment