Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Terrific Tuesday

My day was fairly quiet at home.  I walked first thing in the morning to beat the heat.  I then spent a couple of hours picking up and dusting the upstairs bedrooms.  Normally I put a lot of time and effort into cleaning while Cam and Meg are at camp, but this summer I decided to take it easy.  I haven't been feeling well lately and our house is still pretty clean and organized from Meg's open house.  Therefore, instead of spending all afternoon working around the house, I ran some errands, read and worked on the computer.  By the time I picked Meg up from her break at 4:30, I was rested from the morning activity.  She filled me in on her cabin and co-counselor as we drove home.  She also said that she saw Cameron.  He said that he liked his cabin and was having a great time.  Nick pulled up as soon as we arrived.  Meg ate lasagna and caught up with him until it was time for her to head back at 6.

Once Meg headed out, I went to dinner with Jen at Oakwood.  It was a lot of fun catching up with her.  The food was delicious as well, once they remembered to put the chicken in my chicken club.  While we were at dinner, Doug went to his church finance meeting and exercised.  By the time we got back to our house, he had a bonfire going in the backyard.  We didn't get to enjoy it long as it started to rain shortly after we sat down.  The three of us moved inside and spent the rest of the night talking and laughing.  I was glad that Jen had time to visit.  I didn't get to talk to her as much as I wanted at Meg's open house.

No comments:

Post a Comment