Wednesday, September 2, 2026

The Crazy Gnome Lady

Yesterday after our CCW board meeting, I helped my friend, Robbi, load several items into her van as she was taking them to Brothers Keeper to donate.  As I was carrying a box out to her vehicle, I noticed three cute gnomes mixed in with the items.  I quickly pulled them out and set them aside.  Before we left for lunch, I handed her seven dollars to donate to the organization and said, “I’m keeping the gnomes.” She just smiled and said great.

As soon as I get home yesterday, I put the one of the new gnomes out on the front porch with the one I had had since the spring.  The cute matching pair we’re not durable enough for outside decorations, so I found a great spot for them in our garage. As soon as Doug got home, I showed off my new “big purchase” and sent a picture to Robbie as well.








Today, I got a text back from Robbi. She loved the gnomes and sent me a picture of another one that she found at Brothers Keeper this morning. She asked me if I wanted him. Of course I said yes, and now we have a new friend to join our tiki bar outback. I sent pictures to the kids, knowing that they think I’m crazy, but I just love my gnomes. They make me smile every time I see them.



No comments:

Post a Comment