Over the past twenty-four hours, I have traveled to Blessed Trinity three times. First, I had a gift shop meeting last night to go over some of the new items in the shop and talk about any concerns that we had while we were working. I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one that felt overwhelmed at times after the 11 a.m. mass. From listening to everyone else's experiences, it was definitely the busiest shift of the week. I appreciated the solutions that were given and that there was pizza for everyone to share.
This morning, Bible study began for the first time since May. Due to an errant DVD player, we didn't have a lesson today, and instead talked about our summers, the Feasts of the Bible that we will be studying this fall and the canonization of Bishop Fulton Sheen next week. We added a new member this year as one of the ladies from CCW decided to switch to our group. I was sad to see that we lost one as well. Terri had been a big part of my Tuesday mornings these past three years, and it will definitely not be the same without her this year.
Tonight, CCW kicked off its first meeting of the season. There were a lot of changes from the last two years. The meetings were moved back to the Knights of Columbus Hall. Robbi had taken over as president and the rest of the executive board were new to their positions. Father Pat joined us for a blessing, and we had several fun "get to know you" activities. The biggest change was in the tone of the meetings. It was so much more relaxed, and everyone seemed to be having a great time. After two years of tense meetings, I am very much looking forward to the change.
No comments:
Post a Comment