Thursday, September 24, 2026

Cora's Birthday Dinner

I made it to Bloomington in time to check into our hotel and pick Cameron up from his last class of the afternoon.  He hadn't eaten lunch yet, so I treated him to Tropical Smoothie.  I enjoyed hearing about his week and his plans for the weekend. After I dopped Cameron off at Cora's, I headed to Indianapolis to pick up Doug.  It took a while for everyone to get off of the plane, so we got back to Bloomington a little bit later than I had planned.  Cora and Cameron didn't mind as they both had homework to finish.

Since Cora's 22nd birthday is tomorrow, we offered to take her out to dinner.  She picked the Farm, but they were packed.  Cameron suggested Malibu Grille which was close by and we were happy to hear that they could seat us.  We all ordered different margaritas to drink, and I was glad that I got the "skinny" one as even it was strong.  Doug tried the "spiciest one that he had ever had" while Cora and Cameron picked fruit-based ones.  We had not eaten at the steak house since we were in college and loved our meals.  While we were there, Cora opened her gifts from us.  She correctly guessed that Grandma had gotten her dark chocolate, which she loved.  She was also very happy with the wristlet we gave her with money inside and the bottle of perfume that Cameron found for her.  It was a wonderful evening and a fantastic kickoff to Cora's birthday.




No comments:

Post a Comment