Tuesday, September 29, 2026

It Feels Great to Talk About It

I have spent a lot of time going to therapy these past two years to help with the stress of the past five.  There have been countless life changing events that have occured, and it has felt great to have someone to talk to about them.  It is also nice that I have had the same therapist every session, so I haven't had to reexplain myself or go over the same situation multiple times with different people.   I decided in August that I wanted to change my appointments to every three or four weeks instead of twice a month. When I made that change, I almost considered stopping therapy all together, but in the end, I am very glad that I didn't.  I have found that although I have learned to cope with stress a lot better than I did before, life continues to throw difficult challenges in our path, and I am not ready to face all of them on my own yet. 

The other benefit from going to therapy is that I have been able to talk with her about situations from my past that pop up in my mind from time to time.  I don't dwell on them but would love to get rid of the memories altogether.  Mostly, I would just like to stop blaming myself for things that I did not do.  I have a habit of thinking that everything in life that goes wrong is my fault even when I could have done nothing to stop the situation. Hopefully, I can learn to let those feeling go and move forward.  Guilt is a terrible emotion when you let it control your life.  I have learned why I always feel guilty, now it is time to stop the irrational feeling and look forward to a happy future.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment